[RE-wrenches] Undersize wire on REC meter lug

Mark Westbrock westbrock at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Sep 2 13:34:17 PDT 2016

Most 200A meter cans have a minimum wire size of #6.  The Milbank K4977-EXT
tap connector might do the trick to get you down to #12 if your utility
will allow it:
http://www.milbankworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TapConnectors_6-13_Web.pdf
.
I think that it will work without a wire under the main lug.

We love the Milbank U5934XL
<http://www.milbankworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SolarSockets_8-13_Web2.pdf>,
which accepts down to #12.  It is our standard for residential REC meter
cans.

Cheers,

Mark

----
Mark Westbrock|  VP, Branch Manager |  Employee Owner
NABCEP™ Certified PV Installation Professional
NABCEP™ Certified
Technical Sales Professional
NM EE98J Licensed Electrician
510 S. Main St., Las Cruces, NM 88001
cell  575.640.2432 |  office  575.524.2030
mw at PositiveEnergySolar.com  <Your.Email at PositiveEnergySolar.com>
www.PositiveEnergySolar.com <http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/>