[RE-wrenches] PV output but no power

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Sat Jul 2 13:50:38 PDT 2016

I just came upon a small off-grid system: 12 volt, 4, Kyo 120's (I,mppt=
7.1A; Voc = 21.7 or so), Trace C40 with display, etc.   The combiner has
fuses for each PV/landing.  At noon, output of the array is 10.5 amps.
Clamping the 4 pvs I get 5.5 amps on 2 PVs and 0.0 on 2 others.  I
disconnect leads from terminals in PV j-box of the 'dead' PVs and I get
Voc=18.5 (pretty hot day) and Isc= 6 amps. However when I reconnect
these same PVs to the combiner there is no change in combined amps.
Fronts and backs of PVs look good, no burns, browns, bubbles in
backsheet, under the glass looks fine, its all good.  Inside the J-boxes
look perfect/new.
Ideas?
Thx,
Bill