[RE-wrenches] K1-Open Fault on SMA SB

Corey Shalanski corey at joule-energy.com
Tue Jun 28 16:00:50 PDT 2016

Jason,

Feedback from SMA is that this issue is the result of a "bad batch" of
components from one of their suppliers - seems  to be related to one of the
internal relays. We have fielded no less than a dozen of these error codes,
and they have always resulted in an RMA. As Gary pointed out you can likely
arrange for the replacement over the phone and save yourself a trip.

I still believe SMA has some of the most knowledgable and devoted support
representatives in the industry. Unfortunately, though, I too have noticed
a sharp uptick in time spent waiting to get ahold of someone whenever I
call them.

--
Corey Shalanski
Joule Solar