[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches, Wire Nuts

ericstev at vermontel.net ericstev at vermontel.net
Tue Sep 6 16:45:00 PDT 2016

Wrenches,

I would like to concur with Mike from MDElectricSolar. My rooftop
junctions always use Buchanan copper sleeves crimped with the Buchanan
C-24 crimp pliers. After twisting the stripped ends together to a length
exceeding the sleeve length I apply No-Ox-ID A Special grease to the
twist prior to sliding on the sleeve. Then crimp the sleeve with the
C-24 pliers which drives the grease into the wire strands. Trim the wire
strands at the end of the sleeve and then snap on the insulating cap. I
have confidence in this joint. Crimp sleeves are now made by Ideal and
the C-24 pliers can be found on eBay.

Eric Stevens, Vermont Made Energy