[RE-wrenches] Undersize wire on REC meter lug

Daniel Tittmann daniel at greenwired.com
Fri Sep 2 12:33:47 PDT 2016

wondering if anyone has a simple lug solution for a problem i found my self
in.
with out looking I used a meter socket for a REC meter that is not rated
for #12 AWG wire.  it is on a 20 breaker but wire size is too small for the
lugs.  Is there a simple Lug solution that will pass muster or do I need to
up size wire or swap out the meter socket?

problem with up sizing the wire is we ran 1/2 conduit so we can only go up
to #10. without overfilling or replacing the conduit run.
Hoping there is experience out there that can point me to a simple
solution.
Thanks

Daniel Tittmann
CTO