[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 9, Issue 170

Jason Andrade jason at westcoastsustainables.com
Wed Jun 1 13:04:58 PDT 2016

I have had Powerfab build custom enclosures for me in the past but I really
like the HDPE enclosures from radiantsolartech.com they are safe and
constructed well.  I prefer stacked battery racks myself and am building a
custom one now for my personal off grid system,
https://www.facebook.com/113295778708585/photos/pcb.1045462858825201/1045461
465492007/?type=3
This will be a completely enclosed and vented cabinet with HDPE trays for
acid containment.
My question is has the inspector mentioned grounding it and what size EGC
will you be using?

              Jason Andrade
                C-46# 974647
           (530) 410-4745 Cell
         Please follow the links
        below for great content!

>> On May 31, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Dave Tedeyan <dtedeyan at taitem.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have a local inspector who is asking us to use metal battery boxes
instead of plastic.

>> Ideally something that is UL-listed if that even exists, but we were able
to push back on that.

>> Does anyone have any recommendations for a metal battery box that will
hold 8 or 16 L16 FLA batteries?