[RE-wrenches] Battery Box Construction

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Jan 28 14:25:44 PST 2016

Hi All;

We're looking to improve our battery box construction, and are
considering using 1/8" think polypropylene sheeting.  I've used small
premade boxes before, but this will be for a HUP install, and we would
want to build the box around the batteries after.  Does anyone have
experience/ comments on welding plastic?  The alternative would be to
just seal the seams with acid resistant caulking. (silicone, Geocell, ?)
I've had good luck in the past just using 10 mil plastic sheeting
stapled up on the inside of a plywood box, but we will be scooting 1000
lb batteries around on it, so I don't think the sheeting will hold up.

Thanks,

--
R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc