[RE-wrenches] Net 30 Terms scam to be aware of...

Lou Russo lou at spreesolarsystems.com
Thu Jan 28 11:05:19 PST 2016

Wrenches,

Quick heads up...I got a email ,supposedly from Ferris University in
Michigan, wanting to purchase 70 Morningstar charge controllers on net 30
terms. I quick call to the actual procurement officer ended the deal as it
was a hoax. I decided to take it a bit further and ask for references to
setup the net 30 account. They actually did. DUNS number, Local Banker and
supply houses. I didn't take it any further. When speaking to the real
procurement officer he said they have seen this before with office
equipment but recently the operation has moved on to renewable energy
equipment.

It was all pretty obvious what was happening, just thought I would spread
the word.

Aloha,

Lou Russo
lou at spreesolarsystems.com