[RE-wrenches] Classic 150 100 amp utput breaker tripping?????

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Mon Oct 26 21:18:59 PDT 2015

Daniel...

This one is kind of unusual...  Especially tripping only in the morning.

Temperature ?  Something moving or shaking the breaker box ?

Have you tried changing the circuit breaker ?

What is the approximate maximum current output from the Classic in the
morning ?

  You can access recent power info before the trip in the LOGS menu or
the main status menu by hitting
the STATUS button a few times...  Four hits I think, until you see the
graph of power vs. time show up.
There are other items logged and can be seen by pressing the UP
button.   Logging is done around every
5 or 10 minutes and the most recent log will be on the right side of the
graph.
To move the cursor to the right to get this value, press the RIGHT arrow
key.  LEFT key moves it
backward in time and right to more recent time.    If the MNGP (display)
time and date is set correctly,
the logs should present the actual logging time correctly.

The daily logs won't save the maximum power data because the Classic
will reset before that info is saved
when the breaker tripped.  That usually happens at midnight.

   I know you don't usually get the nameplate rating out of an array
but  18*245W adds
up to 4400 watts or so and would be around 90+ amps at 48V if it should ever
put out that much power.

This list is going to have some great ideas but if we can also help,
give us a ring at
360-403-7207.  OR, at any time day or night, you can start a support
ticket that
immediately gets sent to all of the support people by going to...

http://www.midnitesolar.com/help

The ticket method is kinda cool because it gets people thinking about
the problem
as soon as they see it.

boB Gudgel