[RE-wrenches] weather protection for PV

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Wed Aug 5 14:19:32 PDT 2015

Chris,
Regarding your "reply off list" request, I think this is relevant info to wrenches. If not, then I'd be interested in any info/links you receive, please.

Since this is educational I suggest he may have some luck if he were contact various module manufacturers requesting info from them directly on their (industry) testing requirements and procedures for hail, specifically, and also against moisture (rain, snow) and structural (wind).
I'd guess that if he requested info on protection from wind, from rack mfgrs, they would direct him to a structural engineer for wind loading. Although they may provide some info on their design and structural tolerances.

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy Inc.
780-906-7807