[RE-wrenches] Mate Drop and Charge Functions

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:27:20 PDT 2015

I really like Outback and the performance of their products, but the
non-intuitive interface of the old Mate is why I stopped installing Outback
and moved to Magnum. With the inexpensive Magnum remote, I can guide
zero-knowledge remote-area clients through the diagnostic process via
satphone or sat text messaging with no RTFM paperwork in front of me. For
example "You are only browsing until you push in the big black button.
Rotate it to Charge Rate and tell me what it says.100%?  Now push it in.
Now dial it to 70% charge rate. Push the big black button in again to
change the setting. Does your generator not stall now? "
Little things like this save me a whole bunch of stress and time. I have
not yet tried the new Mate, I'll need convincing info on the
zero-information user friendly-nes first. And camp managers can change
every year....all previous client training lost.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342