[RE-wrenches] Solaredge Storedge

William Miller william.miller at millersolar.com
Thu Jul 2 07:40:25 PDT 2015

Kirk:

And a PR nightmare for integrators.  The customer will be very disappointed that you have to charge at least several times the cost of the battery pack to make it provide back-up power.  The overly rosy picture painted is a disservice to the industry.

On a related note: It is 2015-- where is my flying car?

William

PS:  I can see retrofit battery banks as practical when used for peak shaving, as long as you can live with the losses.  Providing back-up power, other than cord connected, however, is a much more difficult endeavor.

Wm

Gradient Cap_mini
Lic 773985
 <http://www.millersolar.com/> millersolar.com
805-438-5600

…It could turn into a PR nightmare for GMP.

Kirk Herander