[RE-wrenches] Solaredge Storedge

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 01:04:42 PDT 2015

Just to add a little perspective on the development of inverter based
storage, I have just attended InterSolar Europe in Munich. Every inverter
manufacturer is showing some type of add-on battery storage system.
SolarEdge was huge, they had the largest visibility of the inverter
manufacturers.
The reason for the rush to develop storage is the change in the European
market. Grid tied solar on a large scale is largely dead in Europe. There
were a number of panel discussions about where the focus should be, and all
the module and inverter manufacturers were pretty glum.
The only perceived area of growth is self consumption, and to maximize
that, inverter manufacturers need to have storage. So the aim is not to
provide grid independent systems, the design goal is to use all the power
production in house and to avoid exports to the grid, while being
grid-tied.
So the development of these products is not US focussed, which explains why
the US distribution people don't know what's going on.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Kirk Herander <kirk at vtsolar.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone have detailed info on the Storedge battery-compatible system from
> Solaredge? I only found a brochure on their website. Apparently batteries
> can be added to a new or existing Solaredge inverter (the brochure says
> they have partnered with Tesla’s Powerwall) for backup power. They call it
> “DC-coupling”.
>

> *Kirk Herander*
>
> *VT Solar, LLC *
>
> *Proven PV provider since 1991*
>
> *www.vermontsolarnow.com <http://www.vermontsolarnow.com>*
>
> dba Vermont Solar Engineering
>
> NABCEPTM Inaugural Certificant
>
> VT RE Incentive Program Partner
>
> 802.863.1202

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts