[RE-wrenches] Solaredge Storedge

Rebekah Hren rebekah.hren at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:00:34 PDT 2015

I hear you loud and clear Kirk. On the one hand it is pretty cool to see so
much interest in battery-based systems, on the other hand the level of
misinformation being spread around is frightening and time-consuming to
combat.

There is a Bill McKibbon article in the New Yorker this week where he
unfortunately, loudly and clearly, repeats the Tesla marketing spiel. He
reports from the CEO of Green Mountain Power  -  "Powell was excited by its
low price: three thousand dollars, far below what analysts had predicted,
and low enough that her company could immediately begin installing it for
customers, especially those who wanted backup electricity in case a
snow-storm disabled the grid."

Here's  a link the article:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/06/29/power-to-the-people

The more I re-read this the angrier I get, and honestly it would be awesome
to send a group co-signed letter to the New Yorker refuting this inanity
and telling Bill M to do his homework. Send me an email off-list if anyone
wants to follow-up.
Rebekah Hren

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Kirk Herander <kirk at vtsolar.com> wrote:

> Here’s the reply I just got back from Solaredge:
>

> “As this stands ATM Tesla has only announced the product, not finished
> developing it. As Tesla finalizes it the details will become available.
> Please click StorEdge on the bottom right of the web page and sign up for
> the announcements as they come available. Furthermore all of our inverters
> are compatible with this announcement “
>

> I get a funny vibe about all this hype / vaporware. Announced, but still
> in development. Kind of like the Powerwall itself. The Powerwall is
> supposedly sold out through 2016, with $800 mil in advance orders, and no
> product being shipped. Are there any Powerwalls in operation anywhere in
> the real world? Even in beta test?
>

> Available tech info on both Powerwall and Storedge is basically zero. Too
> bad nonsense marketing like this causes some potential customers to delay
> their commitment to install a system.
>

> *Kirk Herander*
>
> *VT Solar, LLC *
>
> *Proven PV provider since 1991*
>
> *www.vermontsolarnow.com <http://www.vermontsolarnow.com>*
>
> dba Vermont Solar Engineering
>
> NABCEPTM Inaugural Certificant
>
> VT RE Incentive Program Partner
>
> 802.863.1202

Tel: 336.266.8800
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional™ 091209-85
NC Licensed Electrical Contractor