[RE-wrenches] Manufacturers warranty......

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Sat Apr 18 21:17:22 PDT 2015

Hi John,

There are some critical details lacking in your question; however, I
would be most interested in the manufacturers of US product (or let me
say that more accurately, manufacturers "based" in the US providing
warranty of their US or China or ??? manufactured product) response to
this question.

Compare and contrast is the term I remember from school (almost eons ago).

Thanks,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

On 18-Apr-15 3:29 PM, John wrote:

> Hi All,   what sort of policy applies in the U.S. when one has to go
> out to replace a product covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.  I
> realize that this is a historic problem for those in the U.S. but what
> did it take to change the manufacturers minds about this.
>
> We have a local manufacturer of Grid-tied inverters (Enasolar) that
> refuses to pay out for us to go out and replace their inverter under
> their 5 year warranty. Otherwise they are a good company and good
> manufacturer of quality product.
>
> Their reason they have for that policy is that it is  “because of the
> pricing and business model that we have implemented”
>
> I have let them know that the next time this might occur, they can go
> out themselves and own up to their warranty.
>
> Thanks for any advice – cheers,        John Veix, N.Z.

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios: