[RE-wrenches] Off grid loads Load sheet

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Fri Mar 20 06:27:18 PDT 2015

Dana,

        Specifically, I was looking for the power consumption of a propane-fired hot tub...interesting story about heating the water with the motor's waste heat though.

        Yes, I have several watthour meters also but the idea of going into a store and (I'm sure asking first) measuring watts of various appliances is great.  Why didn't I think of that?!

        Maybe the best test would be going into some of my neighbors' houses and conducting the same test after all the other 'related' equipment is added the a system, EG satellite dish, dvd, computer for streaming, etc. and get some real world totals  with the phantom load that goes with it (and to share with my customer to convince him/her to use a switched plugstrip).

        Thanks for all the other info for other loads, very helpful.

Bill