[RE-wrenches] Solar cooker plans request

Mark Westbrock westbrock at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Mar 12 06:33:50 PDT 2015

About nine years ago, my wife and I built a Navahorno from the plans
featured in Home Power #37 (1993).  The article is linked here:
 http://www11.zetatalk.com/docs/Solar/Cooking/Solar_Cookers_2004.pdf
<http://www11.zetatalk.com/docs/Solar/Cooking/Solar_Cookers_2004.pdf>

The materials should be readily available to your friend in Guatemala.  It
was fun to build and served us well until we could afford to buy a Global
Sun Oven, which gets much hotter.  My recollection is that our Navahorno
never achieved a temperature above about 300F, but the article claims a
high temp of 330F. I'm sure results vary for each individual oven, and of
course, climatic conditions.

Cheers,

Mark

----