[RE-wrenches] Honda EU3000 voltage all over the place

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:02:56 PST 2015

Hi Kevin;
I have had issues with 2 different Honda 3000i units, up in your neck of
the woods north of Smithers incidentally. Two different inverter/chargers
simply would not accept the input, and changing charger settings as
suggested by tech support didn't help. Considered the honda shop repair
option, and then heard from someone else that they would just swap the
3000i internal inverter board for a hefty fee -- in addition to me bringing
the generators out by helicopter -- so I just punted and am charging with
2000is that work fine with the same inverter/chargers. Go figure. I avoid
these evil red cubes like the plague now....and still highly recommend all
the other Hondas.

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342