[RE-wrenches] Honda EU3000 voltage all over the place

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Wed Feb 4 12:14:51 PST 2015

Hi Wrenches,

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and what the fix is? I have two EU3000 generators from different customers both with identical issues. Voltage is from 85-140 VAC with a constant load, eco throttle disabled. These units are normally 125.0 even and very little deviation even with loads spiking. The customer had the unit into the local Honda shop, but they didn't have electronics experience, they said it runs a skillsaw fine so it's good. Ha ha.

I'm suspecting there is an issue with the internal inverter in the EU. Have already eliminated loose wires or connections.

Thanks,

Kevin Pegg
EA Energy Alternatives Ltd.
37471 Hwy 16 E