[RE-wrenches] How to isolate the array DC

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Mon Feb 2 19:01:42 PST 2015

The inverters' input capacitors may be charged and so that must also be
isolated near the inverter.

A grid operated contactor will not work for a battery-back up system.

Also, 600V DC  can weld contacts closed and if this happens and there is
no feedback to show that
the contacts definitely opened, this can ruin a firefighter's day.

Otherwise, a system of contactors from AC grid could work in a grid-tie
only system.

The new UL rapid shutdown specifications are supposed to be released
very soon now.
Maybe within the month ?

boB Gudgel
K7IQ