[RE-wrenches] Mate Drop and Charge Functions

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Jul 11 12:30:58 PDT 2015

Friends:

How many of you have customers who have accidentally engaged the "drop" function or disabled all battery charge functions whilst simply trying to stop a generator or EQ cycle?  I have seen customers ruin battery banks by mistaking these functions.

I think it is a big mistake to put these similar-appearing functions together. The drop and charge functions really should be behind a password or deleted altogether. Either function can be accomplished by opening the correct circuit breaker.

I am engaged in a conversation with Outback strongly encouraging them to fix this problem. More voices would help.

William Miller