[RE-wrenches] Slate roof attachment?

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Jul 9 06:26:37 PDT 2015

We did a slate roof project. We got the equipment
from Quickmount. The system involved a standoff
bolted to the purlins with an oversized flashing.
Three slates needed to be removed for each
attachment, and a hole cut in the slate for the
standoff. The system works well, but was expensive and slow to install.

Don't use any system that requires compressing
the slate. Such an approach had originally been
recommended, but our roofer agreed that it was a
very bad method. You will need a slate roof guy
to remove and replace the slates, and repair any damage that occurs.

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC
OH License 44810
CO License 3773