[RE-wrenches] New washers and dishwashers on inverter power -any problems?

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Sun Dec 7 08:43:55 PST 2014

Hugh,

        We've done a similar scenario around here the last several years, even charging an electric car.  However, there is certainly more to the story than an added inverter, eh? I've also added PVs (lots for the car) from the days of heavy propane use. And I know that some of the incentive to reduce the use of propane and add electric appliances is that occasionally we'll have a great hydro year ("Omigosh the batteries are boiling, there's 4KW coming in from PV and 600 watts at the hydro...buy that convection oven...do some electric space heating!!)

        For us the dance has been to have both available so, rather than run the genny, use a little propane to cook or whatever.

        A halogen oven?  uh, oh I guess I'm still living under a rock.  Help me with that one.

Bill
Taylorsville