[RE-wrenches] Arc Flash Training

Kelly Larson solarwrench at asis.com
Fri Jul 11 13:00:14 PDT 2014

Thanks, Ray.  I will look at HP&P's training!

I can get the arc flash videos online, but want more info about how and when to use the equipment, hazard analysis', etc.

Arc flash videos are super scary.  I use them in my classes to emphasize the risks and get buy in to the safety program.  Most students don't realize that just working in a standard mains panel can put them in arc flash danger.  Here is one showing what happens when you don't take precautions without being too graphic.  (This guy runs out of the frame at the end still on fire).  This one is great and shows how the right PPE can make the difference.

For general PV safety info the pdfs at FACE are good, and this video is sobering about a PV worker fall death.

Blessings,
Kelly