[RE-wrenches] Arc Flash Training

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Jul 11 12:30:36 PDT 2014

I took an 8 hr Arc Flash Hazard Analysis Training course from HP&P
Safety here in Colorado.
I'm sure there are quite a few places that offer this.  Its a standard
course.
Basically after you watch enough video of folks getting blown up, you
start rethinking your approach to opening any live boxes.
My 2 sentence summary:
1) Avoid working on live circuits in the first place.
2) Wear flame retardant clothing (FR rated), gloves, and a Flash guard
face shield when you do have to work live.

Most injuries are due to catching your clothing on fire, and the initial
flash going down your throat and burning your lungs.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician