[RE-wrenches] TIGO/ Classic 250 fights?

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Fri Jul 4 11:33:54 PDT 2014

In addition, an SPD is supposed to keep any input lines to the equipment
from breaking over
the insulation.  For the Classic, the hipot voltage is over 2000 volts
to chassis (gnd).

If the SPDs are grounded and connected well they should be able to do
their job unless maybe
it is a direct strike and then it is not so easy to visualize.

Anyway, this is why SPD voltages are normally higher than the usual
maximum system
operating voltages.  But a good ground is essential.  Even a seemingly
far off lightning
strike can cause high electric fields near an antenna or PV array or
tower system but.

boB