[RE-wrenches] Magnum and Pumps

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Jul 3 21:49:29 PDT 2014

Yes Drake, I stand corrected, I was picturing the micro inverters feeding the input rather than coupling the output of the Magnum. To your original question, I think you would have to be consuming more power than the PV array alone can provide before the Magnum voltage would drop with the pump load. So it may be a rare event unless the PV array is small. Of course after sundown its all on the Magnum. That’s why I suggested two Magnums in my first response.

Does anyone know how tolerant the Enphase inverters are of such a momentary sag?

Larry