[RE-wrenches] Magnum and Pumps

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Jul 2 07:54:04 PDT 2014

If you have a clamp on meter that can capture inrush current (I use a Fluke 337 for this) you can get a good idea of the starting current needed.

One problem is that while backing up the house, you will likely have other loads operating when the pump starts which will decrease the available surge current. I would recommend using a stacked pair of 4448’s as a minimum if you have other house loads.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems