[RE-wrenches] Split bolt

Matt Sherald matt at getpimby.com
Wed Jun 25 11:45:24 PDT 2014

William,

We've mostly stopped using split bolts owing to the same trouble you've noted.  Stray wire strands can also be problematic.  I try to use an insulated tap/connector anywhere that a split bolt might have been used in the past.  I think the added expense is well worth it.  I also think that proper torquing of the wire connection is easier on something like an Ilsco ClearTap or similar.

Glad all ended well!

-Matt

Matt Sherald
PIMBY: Power In My BackYard