[RE-wrenches] Hijacked Website

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:58:07 PDT 2014

Dan,
We have had a few similar issues with our villa rentals website, people who
want to get into our business will copy all the data and photos of our
catalogue and start operations. They always blame their web designer and
pretend they had no idea.

The site is being hosted in the US so you can file a DMCA take down notice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
I believe it is being hosted on 1&1, a large US hosting company. They will
respond and take it down, hosting companies don't like trouble.

Here is a contact for the domain. I would call him. I would also email him
and copy abuse at 1and1.com

Domain Name: Foxfire-Energy-Corporation.com
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.1und1.info
Registrar URL: http://1and1.com
Updated Date: 2014-03-10 00:00:00
Creation Date: 2014-03-01 00:00:00
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-01 00:00:00
Registrar: 1&1 Internet AG
Registrar IANA ID: 83
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse at 1and1.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Christian Crawford
Registrant Organization: Foxfire Energy Corporation
Registrant Street: 141 Howland Rd 141
Registrant City: Brattleboro
Registrant State/Province: VT
Registrant Postal Code: 05301