[RE-wrenches] Hijacked Website

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:18:31 PDT 2014

Scary stuff, Dan --
I have had 100% success with cease and desist letters regarding copyrighted
stolen web content from my sites. Letter #2 from a lawyer has always done
the trick with recalcitrant thieves.
However I see that your website does not have a copyright notice on the
bottom of every page, the thieves web page does, so essentially they are
claiming ownership of your material. I would have your webmaster put this
in *immediately.*
Was NABCEP willing to file a cease-and-desist, as the thieves claim they
are NABCEP certified?
I would also contact their internet service provider.
I can't figure out how they mean to make money with this other than
Facebook.....there are no ads, etc. I suspect they are going to try and
pressure you to buy the domain name from them....this has happened to me
before.
At least they didn't steal your photos.
Thanks Michael for leaving this thread up - websites are an important part
of the RE business.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342