[RE-wrenches] Hijacked Website

Tom Elliot tom at wagonmaker.com
Wed Apr 30 16:46:00 PDT 2014

Dan,

I’ve seen this before and you could take it as a bit of a compliment, though a backhanded one.  I’ve seen this before with other successful commercial sites, most specifically one called shipmyvehicle.com that is the best worldwide vehicle shipping service.  They were totally hijacked, like you were, but with a few fake photos inserted into the site.  It’s usually done by hackers operating from numerous overseas locations, often in former East Bloc countries.  I worked with that site to help document it to the FBI but after all the work we did to document it the FBI could do nothing about it.  Basically the field office in their area told them that by the time they start investigating the outfits just shut down in one country and open up in another, seamlessly.

Sad to say there is likely nothing you can do to introduce your dog to his jugular.

Tom