[RE-wrenches] Replacement for Whisper 500

Chris Daum chris at OasisMontana.com
Fri Jan 17 12:01:46 PST 2014

Check out Matt Tritt -- he's the Kestrel rep in the states now.
windymatt1 at gmail.com

He'll treat you right.

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.

  _____

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Nathan
Stumpff
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:56 PM
To: 're-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org'
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Replacement for Whisper 500

Wrenches,

A client of ours recently had a catastrophic failure of his Whisper 500
turbine (weld completely failed, turbine destroyed, very ugly) and is in the
market for a replacement.

Any recommendations out there for a good, quality unit in a similar size
range of 3 kW? It is a 48V off-grid system. Any experience, positive or
negative with the Luminous branded Whisper 500 units? Given previous
experiences with the SouthWest units and the nature of this particular
failure I am reluctant to recommend going that route unless Luminous has
done some serious upgrades.

Our client wants to salvage as much as possible, and I am having a hard time
coming up with anything that would come close to being able to use with his
existing tower, 80' guyed SouthWest make.

As always, much appreciated,

-Nathan

--

Nathan J. Stumpff

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional #091209-175

NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer #032412-14

Project Manager | Arctic Sun, LLC

 <mailto:nathan at arcticsun-llc.com> nathan at arcticsun-llc.com  | (907)
457-1297

 <http://www.reina-llc.com/> www.reina-llc.com |