[RE-wrenches] Replacement for Whisper 500

Nathan Stumpff Nathan at arcticsun-llc.com
Fri Jan 17 11:56:07 PST 2014

Wrenches,

A client of ours recently had a catastrophic failure of his Whisper 500 turbine (weld completely failed, turbine destroyed, very ugly) and is in the market for a replacement.

Any recommendations out there for a good, quality unit in a similar size range of 3 kW? It is a 48V off-grid system. Any experience, positive or negative with the Luminous branded Whisper 500 units? Given previous experiences with the SouthWest units and the nature of this particular failure I am reluctant to recommend going that route unless Luminous has done some serious upgrades...

Our client wants to salvage as much as possible, and I am having a hard time coming up with anything that would come close to being able to use with his existing tower, 80' guyed SouthWest make.

As always, much appreciated,
-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Stumpff
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional #091209-175