[RE-wrenches] Article 690, or The Haves Vs. Have Nots

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Wed Apr 30 06:56:58 PDT 2014

There are good reasons to want to put AC
combiners under modules, but some reasons not to
want to. An AC breaker is far more likely to trip
than a DC string fuse, due to the surge
availability. As a PV system is designed to last
a minimum of 25 years, the installer might not be
the one to sort out problems decades down the line.

A strategy I prefer would be to use a SolaDeck as
a junction box. Run small wires to a convenient AC combiner location.