[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 7, Issue 29

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 15:17:46 PST 2014

Thanks for the correction on that sedona fire Bill; I had only seen the
incorrect fire dept report.
I wish there was a clearinghouse for information on RE incidents and close
calls as they are all teachable moments for both RE professionals and
firefighters.

I ditto the need for more NEC guidance on battery banks. In my firefighting
career, I've been at about a dozen structure fires involving RE equipment.
Only 4 were actually caused by the RE equipment. *All* of those originated
in or near the battery bank. 1 internal battery short circuit, 1 mouse chew
inside battery box, and 2 bad connection when charging with a generator.

I'd like to get involved, Bill....I have lots to say about wooden battery
boxes, parallel fusing, signage, and more. What are the first steps for
getting involved?

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342