[RE-wrenches] Gin Pole

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 06:37:17 PDT 2014

Hello Wrenches,

I am considering a service call that requires dropping a 60' guyed wind
turbine tower.  I am comfortable checking out turbines, but I've never
dropped or erected one.  The original installer is no longer in business in
the area.  I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.  According to
the owner, originally a gin pole was used to erect the tower.  How tall
should a gin pole be in order to drop a 60' tower?  I've been doing
internet research and it seems doable (and fun).  What info do I need about
the site to do this properly and safely?

Thanks

--

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*