[RE-wrenches] Concentrics at 250 volts plus

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Jul 14 15:11:44 PDT 2014

Friends:

Please help us settle a crew debate before we come to blows:  for circuits 250 volts and higher, do we need to bond EMT at both ends?  Or, if there is bonded cabinet with a concentric on one end and a solid, bonded metal cabinet on the other, do we need a bonding bushing on the concentric end?

I say a conduit needs to be bonded only on one end. My misguided employee says both ends. Both cabinets are independently bonded.

Thanks in advance.

William
Miller Solar