[RE-wrenches] Combining Multiple Inverters - with meter lugs

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Mon Jul 14 06:50:36 PDT 2014

I recently needed to combine the output of two 20kw 3-phase inverters before the PV revenue meter. Instead of investing in an expensive panel for this, I ran each inverter output to its own 30A fused outdoor disco, then combined disco outputs in the meter socket using 2-pole replacement meter lugs (Milbank #K4977). A space and money saver for sure. And there is no panel for someone to come along later and install non system-related load circuits.

Kirk Herander

VT Solar, LLC

Proven PV provider since 1991

www.vermontsolarnow.com