[RE-wrenches] HUP and Hoppecke batteries - experience, comparisons?

Dave dave at independentpowerllc.com
Sun Dec 22 12:15:48 PST 2013

Darren,

I have a set of Hoppecke 16 OPzS 2000's in my barn/shop. These have been in
service since 1996 with no problems.  One string of six for 12V.  Receive
light duty, rarely cycled below 80%.  Have added water every 12  months.  I
ended up with these monsters (330 lb 2V cells) by default as Hoppecke
warranted me on a couple of sets of their failed Fibered NiCads with these
LA batteries. I think the  SG of 1.240 (less corrosive to the plates) is a
key to the longevity. With these being so tall (32") I make sure that these
boil & off-gas hard regularly (at least every two weeks) to prevent
stratification.

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC

462 Solar Way Drive