[RE-wrenches] Low slope membrane roof attachment

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Mon Nov 25 13:15:30 PST 2013

Hi Carl,

In a similar scenario with TJI rafters and OSB sheathing we had the
carpenters install 4x8 blocking between the rafters up against the bottom of
the OSB for us to lag into. It is nice in new construction to be able to do
this as they are building the roof system before the sheathing goes on.
There were packing/blocks placed in the TJI webbing to pack out the TJI's on
both sides of their plywood vertical core, so the 4x8 blocking had solid
purchase and nailing through this part of the TJI.

We were then able to lag our standoffs into the blocking, staying away from
the TJI flanges as they aren't designed to be drilled or lagged into.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503