[RE-wrenches] Low slope membrane roof attachment

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Mon Nov 25 13:23:54 PST 2013

You might want to look at EcoFasten base plates fastened into the sheathing
with eight fasteners per. Flashing around the pedestals is pretty easy on a
TPO roof, but the boots require about 8" to properly flash. We've done this
with the base plate on DensDeck, but the fasteners went through insulation
and into a 24ga metal roof. I'm not sure how the pull out of OSB would
change the calculations, but our spacing was 48 inches here with 160 mph
design wind speeds in Zone 1.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar