[RE-wrenches] Low slope membrane roof attachment

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:58:43 PST 2013

Hello Wrenches,

I am looking at a new construction project where the roof will be 5 degree
pitch, 5/8" OSB on top of TJI (truss joists).  I am not sure the TJI will
support a lag attachment, as we would use with a conventional wood frame
trusses.

Have any of you run into this, and if so what attachment method did you
use.

I have attached tow pictures.  One of a similar low slope roof which
appears to use Pro Solar rails and perhaps the Pro Solar Fast Jack
E-series.   I'm not sure a single lag would work with the TJI.  The other
attached picture is of the TJI.  Looking at this amkes me think another
connection method might be a better choice.

With Regards
Carl Adams  NABCEP 031508-1
SunRock Solar