[RE-wrenches] Sunlight Resistant THWN-2

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 06:39:58 PST 2013

Thanks guys.  Good info.  I think this gets to the notion that Sunlight
Resistant is not Sunlight Proof.  That's why I've always advocated for
keeping outdoor conductors covered wherever possible.  In this case the
cable trays will have covers on them so I think we are good to go.

A follow up Q: can anyone point me to a code section (NEC or otherwise)
that prohibits installing conduit in physical contact with existing
equipment, such as where it crosses an existing conduit on a rooftop?

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

 <%28202%29%20486-7507>

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough