[RE-wrenches] PV Assist

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Aug 16 12:49:06 PDT 2013

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd like to add that the inverter rating
required for enormous loads can also be beyond practical limits. We are
getting a flood of grid-tie with PV and battery backup requests for whole
house coverage. The reason for the consumer demand is obvious here in
hurricane-prone SW Florida, especially this time of year.

The answer is usually to steer the customer into a critical load system,
still with a sizable battery, and a very large PV array. Theoretically this
could result in similar multiple discharge cycles per day if daytime loads
are significant enough relative to the battery and the PV production is
variable (think air conditioning).

I'll watch this discussion with interest...

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar