[RE-wrenches] Mouse pee in the SW

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 09:17:19 PDT 2013

Hello Jay,

>  For those of us not so adventurous, how well would electrical spray Cleaner work?

Good question.  I've never used contact/electrical cleaner for this type of task.  My guess is, it might work .. but only marginally if at all.  Cleaners are solvents intended to remove oxidation and organic films (think "oily", as in waxy buildup, etc).  Some cleaners also include a silicone or other residual lubricant, which would tend to seal in the remaining contaminents to the circuit board.  Not good.  Urine, though organic, is water-based, and may or may not dissolve in the spray cleaner.  This is why I recommended the distilled water wash, followed by the alcohol rinse.

You could try some spray cleaner for this task  and report the results to the group.    I'm aways open to adding information to my knowledge base.  :)

(Finding a cooperative mouse may be problematic .... but I'm sure you can come up with alternatives.)

Dan