[RE-wrenches] Dual Radian install

Nathan Stumpff Nathan at arcticsun-llc.com
Mon Aug 5 16:03:36 PDT 2013

Re: FNDC vs. Pentametric, well now that you pose the question, it probably really boils down to personal preference and experience. I have installed a big pile of Pentametrics and it has been easy and they have worked really well, and my few experiences with the FNDC have been messy, although not through any fault of the equipment or OutBack. The FNDC just didn't work the way I thought it should, and it serves me right for not reading the manual more closely BEFORE I installed the thing.

I have always liked the 'fuel gauge' effect of the Pentametric display unit, which we typically put out where the customer will walk by it often. I guess some people put the MATE3 remote from the inverter room, but I would personally probably not ever recommend this. Also, I suppose the LAN/www connection options could serve this purpose well, but I don't have as much experience with it yet. I don't know, the online connections and monitoring are fun and novel for a bit, but I imagine people lose interest pretty quickly. I think having a box on the wall that gives you a snapshot into your battery bank's life every time you walk by has a lot of value.

Plus IMHO Bogart is just an awesome company. Not necessarily the most compelling reasons in the big picture...

Would be very much interested in info on some of your custom bypass solutions!

-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Stumpff
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional #091209-175