[RE-wrenches] 14 inch aluminum standoffs?

Nathan Stumpff Nathan at arcticsun-llc.com
Mon Mar 18 10:00:02 PDT 2013

Andrew,

QuickMount PV has been amenable to building custom standoffs. They would be crazy expensive if you only needed a few but for a big job or multiple projects, they might be an option for you.

Also, for using galvanized rail you may want to check out Cooper B-Line's solar products. Their clamp system, coupled with the WEEB-WMC is ETL listed to UL 467. Though their published documentation isn't quite as clear, the guys you get on the phone say this is true with both their aluminum and galvanized steel channel. They also have told me they are working on UL 1703/2703 approval for their complete system. It was over a year ago when I talked to them.

I have used a ton of their clamps. With certain modules they're wicked, my favorite clamps out there, beefy 5/16" hardware, they come pre-anti-seized, really nice units. With other modules the clamp seems to pull on the frame in just the wrong way, makes you a little nervous.

Cheers,
-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Stumpff - Arctic Sun, LLC
NABCEP Certified PV Installer #091209-175