[RE-wrenches] DC generators

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Mar 6 20:56:53 PST 2013

I never recommend trying to fully charge with a generator anyway: its
too fuel inefficient.  A good 4 hour bulk charge from 50% back to 80%
SOC, and then hope the sun shines again.  I usually set the voltage on
the high side (they usually run the it in the winter), and program the
run time to 4 to 6 hours  (depends on the generator to battery ratio)
Trying to do 3 stage charging off grid from a generator can cost up
around a $1.00/ Kwh.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified, Licensed Contractor