[RE-wrenches] DC generators

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:21:39 PST 2013

Very interesting Jay,

A customer just asked me two days ago, if it would be possible to install a
DC Generator to feed his six SunnyBoy 6000s at night.  He was thinking of a
water cooled genny from which he could harvest heat while also providing
power to the inverters.  He said he thought the economics could work with
the current low NG prices, but only during the winter months when he has a
need for the excess heat being generated.

The Kohler you point out doesn't have the voltage specs to match the
SB6000s, but I'd be interested in other thoughts on this approach.

Carl Adams
SunRock Solar